No, this is not another blog bashing capitalism. Actually it's the opposite. It's a blog that will, I hope, shine a light on companies that have forsaken capitalism, that use words and phrases such as "stakeholder", "diversity" and "social responsibility" to cover up their abdication of responsibility to their shareholders and employees to be successful, thriving and profitable businesses. And from that you can take it that I'm an ardent free marketer, a true believer in capitalism and the power of free trade.
To some of you that might mean that I'm the spawn of the devil, the bastard offspring of Mrs. Thatcher and Ronald Reagan, the Very Beast that Ed Milliband has been elected to fight and cast into eternal darkness. Whatever. I gave up long ago trying to argue with those on the Left who will not understand where wealth creation and economic progress come from, and why those are worthy and beneficial things.
But let me also make it clear from the outset that whilst I'm a libertarian, and think that small government is best, I don't believe that the poorest and those least-able to look after themselves should be ignored and forgotten. It's just that the "solutions" successive governments have tried have not worked and never will.
So that's it, the next post will be about Junk Companies rather than politics.
No comments:
Post a Comment